From: public-html-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Jens Meiert
Sent: 15 February 2008 11:29
To: Simon Pieters
Cc: public-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Why authors are using Transitional (and target="_blank")

> I would expect that not being able to use target="_blank" is going to
> be a showstopper for many authors moving to HTML5.

Interesting (and I can confirm that this happens, too, at least concerning
the Transitional or Strict choice), but we might want to focus on more
education concerning links in new windows instead, outlining the
disadvantages of this practice.

Also, I am not sure if we could really only "make target="_blank"
conforming"; ad hoc, I do not remember similar cases that "legitimate" just a
certain attribute/value combination (and implicitly discourage from using
others)?

--
Jens Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Verizon Business Internet Managed
Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.mci.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of Intelligent Environments Europe Ltd (IE).
If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify Support@ie.com.

IE is the trading name of Intelligent Environments Europe Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intelligent Environments Group plc.

Intelligent Environments Group plc is a company registered in England. The company's registered office is Riverview House, 20 Old Bridge Street, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 4BU. Its registered number is 3182741.

Intelligent Environments Group plc is a VAT registered company - GB 602 8062 72