Re: metadata content

Ian Hickson wrote:
>> But that's a central registry.
>
> There's no burden to the registration (it's just a wiki), so that seems
> like an unimportant concern. People can also use URI-like names, or
> Java-like identifiers, to avoid clashes in general, which again makes this
> a non-issue.

But there's also no burden to other people messing with existing
entries. Some people consider this a problem.

URIs as identifiers (when chosen properly) already avoid name clashes; I
don't see why it would make sense to register them in a central place.

>> Yes, I know you consider this a feature, but there are lots of people
>> disagreeing with that.
>
> There's also people who agree. Disagreement is not an argument. I have to
> pick one side when there are mutually exclusive positions. If there are
> actual problems, please feel free to raise them.

I'm not going to repeat all the discussions we already about this (at
least not today :-).

BR, Julian