Re: Authoring Guide

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:49:19 +0100, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:

> Yes, either here on public-html or on public-html-comments.

I've now read through large parts of the guide and have various comments ranging from complete paragraph rewrites to small typos, etc. I'd be most comfortable providing these comments through a diff of some sort, an SVN check-in, or something similar, instead of quoting and explaining a lot about each comment through e-mail.

What method for improvements like this would you prefer?

>> And what will be the relationship between the HTML5 specification and
>> the authoring guide?
>
> I'm not sure I understand the question.  Could you please elaborate?

There's obviously a one-way relationship from the authoring guide to the HTML5 specification, but as I mention in the following paragraph, I'd like the relationship to be two-ways.

> Once it gets published as an FPWD, then informatively referencing the
> guide from the spec is possible, if there is somewhere in the spec from
> where such a reference would be appropriate.

I think having such a reference from the HTML5 specification is vital to the authoring guide's overall usefulness, discoverability and authority.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg         -=|=-          asbjorn@ulsberg.no