Re: Translation control in HTML5

Hello Ian,

Ian Hickson さんは書きました:
> (Trimmed cc's to avoid excessive cross-posting; re-added www-international
> on request.)
>
> I read through all the feedback on this topic.
>
> There doesn't seem to be a really common enough use case for adding a
> feature to the core language to handle it. However, I do agree that this
> is something that is an issue for some authors and implementors. I would
> recommend approaching the Microformats community and minting a class
> value, possibly reusing class="notranslate" [1], to handle this.
>
> I would also recommend not translating the contents of <code>.
>
> As has been noted, for more in-depth control, the ITS vocabulary is
> probably the better solution; indeed an ITS tranlation rule set [2] could
> be used to define the processing of a microformat formally.

Just a clarification question: Do you think that rule set should only be
used to define the processing of the microformat, e.g.
<its:translateRule selector="//*[@class='notranslate']" translate="no"/>
or also for describing defaults like what you proposed e.g. for code, e.g.
<its:translateRule selector="//code" translate="no"/>

Felix