Re: required radio buttons and checkboxes

These are all good points, and I understand the difficulty of getting all of
the browsers to include translated labels for every language. It would be
the ideal, though, wouldn't it?

What if the HTML5 Forms specification defined named entities (or some other
key-value mechanism) for all of the button labels and error messages with
their default English values? There could then be a public repository of
translated default labels that browsers could download and cache if they
didn't already have translations for the necessary language. So if I have a
browser localized for Argentina, and I come to a page that is @lang=ar, and
if the browser doesn't already have translations for Arabic, then the
browser would download the translations from the public repository of
language translation files for HTML5 and use the downloaded translation
strings in the Arabic document.

Another idea is to define the translation strings in a new DOM interface
which could be inherited by HTMLInputElement and the like:

interface Localizations {
>       attribute DOMString submitLabel = "Submit";
>       attribute DOMString buttonLabel = "Button";
>       attribute DOMString msgRequired = "You must provide a value.";
> }

These values could be overridden via scripting for the entire page by
something like HTMLInputElement.prototype.submitLabel = "Proponer"

Or error messages could be customized for any element by setting the
property directly: email.msgRequired = "El email es necessario."

I am not exactly sure how an element's Localizations interface would be
overridden with another Localizations interface for elements within the
context @lang being supplied, or how to globally define with scripting what
the localizations should be, unless there was some kind of global Language
interface exposed.

Thoughts?

(Yes, could also be Localisations)