Re: Supporting MathML and SVG in text/html, and related topics

On Apr 10, 2008, at 12:51, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>
>> If the WHAT WG defines a way for serializing MathML as text/html, I
>> think it should be (at least for conforming cases) a pure alternative
>> infoset serialization for a subset of possible infosets (dirty
>> words, I
>> know) as opposed to just being something similar but subtly
>> different.
>> That is, I think conforming documents should be losslessly
>> reserializable as XML *1.0* and the DOM nodes for the math stuff
>> should
>> report the uncolonified element name in lower case as localName and
>> the
>> MathML namespace URI as namespaceURI. (I guess tagName should do
>> what is
>> most compatible with MathPlayer.)
>
> Does what the spec says satisfy this?

As far as I can tell, the spec satisfies the constraint I presented
for conforming content except when free-form element (e.g. <mtext>) or
attribute value (?) contains a form feed or a vertical tab. I expect
the rendering behavior of form feeds and vertical tabs in <mtext> to
be undefined, which is bad.

I can't comment on the tagName/MathPlayer part due to lack of suitable
testing environment.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi