Point of Extensibility (was: An observation on the MathML discussion, was: hand authoring web pages (was Re: Exploring new vocabularies for HTML, was: SVG in text/html, was: Point of Extensibility)

Hi, Julian-

Julian Reschke wrote (on 4/1/08 11:56 AM):

> OK,
>
> I can't help noticing that instead of discussing the general
> extensibility problem, the WG is now spending tons of cycles discussing
> lots of ways to mark up math, discusses changes to MathML (like
> inferring elements), and so on.
>
> I think it would be a lot more productive to leave the Math markup
> related issues to the experts in the MathML WG, and instead focus on
> solving the generic extensibility problem for using XML inside HTML5.

This is the approach I've taken with the SVG proposal [1], which I've
extended to address MathML.  It could use more critique and more
details.  Everyone should feel free to pitch in.  Ian has said he'd like
to close this issue by Friday, so help from those conversant in the
parsing and

[1] http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Diagrams_in_HTML

Regards-
-Doug Schepers