Re: keep conformance objective (detailed review of section 1. Introduction)

The syntax refers to the rules pertaining to the structure and order
of the language. Semantics is related to the meaning in the language.
The syntax of HTML5 can be checked by machine. Some of the semantics
may also be able to be checked by machine. A complete semantic check
must be by humans.

A semantically correct document implies a syntactically correct
document.

So, the terms I prefer are syntactic conformity (syntactic
conformance) and semantic conformity (semantic conformance).

-Doug Jones