Re: New elements vs. Trident

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Namespace hacks are certainly an appealing option, if they can avoid the
> need for script. But how would you make this work in both IE and in
> other browsers (including newer browsers that actually support the
> hypothetical newelement)? Would you conditionally serve as HTML to IE
> and XHTML to other browsers?

The namespaced solution works for XHTML served as HTML which everyone
seems to hate.

Further, the IE namespaced version works with any DOCTYPE. Other
browsers will of course respect the DOCTYPE and complain that xmlns is
not a valid HTML attribute..

I thought it was worth mentioning then namespace hack but I don't see it
solving the underlying problem for MSIE's DOM parser.

-dean