Re: Data Table Collections (Research)

Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> So why, have you included @SCOPE in your table example then? HTML4
> doesn't need it. Only current HTML5 algorithm needs them.

If you turn off the "Use scope" option for the HTML 4 algorithm, the
headers are not quite right. In particular the "Day 2" cell and all
cells below it are incorrectly given the header "Day 1", and similarly
the "Day 3" cell and all cells below it are incorrectly given the
headers "Day 1" and "Day 2". Each of these cells ("Day 1", "Day 2",
etc.) is also given all the very top row of heading cells as headers,
again incorrectly. @scope is mainly used to fix these issues.

> Ben and James, are you also looking into improving the HTML4
> algorithm? Or are you only looking to improve the HTML5 algorithm?

My interest is in specifying the best possibly algorithm in the final
HTML 5 rec. Whether this looks functionally more similar to the HTML
4.01 algorithm or to the current HTML 5 algorithm (which is clearly
marked as unfinished in the daft) depends only on which is the more useful.

--
"Mixed up signals
Bullet train