Re: a question about alt

James wrote:
>Distinguishing the cases alt="" and alt=" " would make it very easy to
>typo a meaningfully-different value and very hard to spot the mistake.
>If such an explicit indicator is desirable, using alt="" and noalt seems
>like a better solution.

I understand what you are saying. the reason I have suggested this is that a
new attribute would not be backwards compatible with assistive technology.
The alt=" " suggestion is treated by the assistive tech i have tested it
with, the same way as alt="" (the image is ignored with default settings).

--
with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG Europe