Re: Heuristic Tests for Data Tables (Discussion)

Hi James,

On Sep 4, 2007, at 7:13 AM, James Graham wrote:

> James Graham wrote:
>> James Graham wrote:

>>> There's some very early work on this available at [1] (only the
>>> HTML4 algorithms are currently implemented). Due to a bug in a
>>> html5lib serializer badness occurs when you give it a page
>>> containing more than one table. I also haven't checked that it's
>>> giving the correct results in almost any cases. However if you
>>> want to report bugs feel free.
>> This now also has some work on the algorithm from the HTML 5 spec,
>> with similar caveats as before i.e. it is hideously under tested.
>
> I have now moved the table inspector to [1] and added an
> "experimental" option which is currently based on the HTML 4
> algorithm with some improvements:

>  * Ignores headers with @scope set when looking for implicit
> headings (to see why this is important look at the "Day 2" cell in
> [4]).

Its looking good. However, I'm not clear what you mean by this
"Ignores headers with @scope set..."  Even when looking at "Day 2"
cell its still not clear to me. Could you say a little more about
what you mean.

Take care,
Rob

rest of message