Re: Detailed review of 3.14.9. Media elements

Le Mon, 29 Oct 2007 06:02:07 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> a écrit:

> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, Mihai Sucan wrote:
>
>> Asking why would you abort loading of media elements is like asking why
>> would a download manager abort file downloads, or why any other software
>> application would ever abort any file download, for any possible
>> purpose.
>
> Not really. It's clear that the _user_ should be able to abort downloads,
> and indeed he already can. But why would the Web page author start a
> download just to cancel it?

An application should be allowed to stop the download for the same reasons
a _user_ should be able to stop downloads.

I wouldn't make a distinction between the application and the user
regarding 'reasons' for aborting downloads.

--
Mihai Sucan
http://www.robodesign.ro