Re: Javascript on the Web

There is also data (that I gather Hixie may have been responsible for
gathering?) at
http://code.google.com/webstats/

including a section that breaks out usage of some attributes of the
<script> element.

You may want to use Opera or Firefox, to look at it though, since for
some reason, the SVG in it doesn't seem to like the ASV3.03 plugin
for IE. More fine-grained analysis including the prevalence of
certain JavaScript commands like document.write and methods like
innerHTML or createElementNS, as well as co-occurrence data might be
really useful in informing those involved in spec-writing, planning,
etc. It wouldn't be too difficult to cobble together such a script,
but it'd take some machine cycles to grind through a few billion
pages, I suspect.

David