Re: Justification for the cite attribute on ins&del

On Oct 12, 2007, at 19:44, Chris Wilson wrote:

> +1.  That was what I meant to say.
>
> Ben Boyle [mailto:benjamins.boyle@gmail.com] wrote:
>> I have no particular comments on its use with ins/del. It does seem
>> esoteric, but may be useful in a CMS or within a drafting process but
>> I've not seen it used. I don't mind leaving it in HTML5 and not
>> requiring browsers to do anything with it (leave it for niche UAs to
>> implement).

I'm not a fan of leaving stuff in the language for the purposes of
document conformance but not requiring browsers to do anything with
it, but I don't care much either way in this case. Probably cheaper
to leave it in.

However, the requirement for browsers to do something with it doesn't
seem all that productive considering the need to actually get two
interoperable impls to advance to a REC some time in the future.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi