Re: Generic (R)CDATA Parsing Algorithm (part of detailed review of HTML parsing)

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007, Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

> Currently the parsing algorithm's step 7 causes a parse error. What is
> the intended behaviour after this parse error is thrown?

You continue with whatever called the algorithm.

> as the end of the algorithm, though perhaps I'm trying to follow too
> much logic for HTML.

There is no closing script tag in that fragment. The string "</script>"
doesn't ever get converted into a tag, it becomes text tokens.

(Currently, I believe the only way you can get to step 7 without an end
tag token with the same tag name as the start tag token is if you hit an
EOF token instead. But that doesn't actually matter to the algorithm, and
is not something that need necessarily be true.)