Re: Proposal for developing HTML 5 materials for Web *authors*

On Nov 21, 2007, at 8:31 PM, Dylan Smith wrote:

> If there were a more focused "recommended" way to code, this might
> be a tad
> easier.
>
> Not that we should change what's allowed, or restrict rendering, but a
> smaller subset that says,"Please do it this way" is something I'm
> in favor
> of.

It would certainly be easier for consumers/parsers if there were less
variation in the languages, but as long as there will are variations
in the language there are reasonable disagreements on the right
"way". I don't think it's a productive use of this group's time to
try and find one true way.

If this group works on issues related to best practices, it should
remain neutral– enumerate the possibilities and discuss their pros
and cons, then let the reader decide for themselves.

> FWIW, I'm for double quotes and the use of a solidus, myself.

That's great, but there are many situations where is is quite
reasonable to omit them.

-ryan