RE: the market hasn't spoken - it hasn't bothered to listened [was Re: fear of "invisible metadata"]

Well said Jon....

-----Original Message-----
From: wai-xtech-request@w3.org [mailto:wai-xtech-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Jon Gunderson
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 9:42 AM
To: James Graham; Gijs Kruitbosch
Cc: 'HTML WG'; wai-xtech@w3.org; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: the market hasn't spoken - it hasn't bothered to listened
[was Re: fear of "invisible metadata"]

I think one problem with the arguments on this thread is that people
think that developers will converge on one web development technology.
It is clear that web is becoming much more diversified in the types of
technologies that will be used by developers.  For example, look at how
much time developers have to spend time supporting the differences
between IE and W3C event models.  We need "solutions", not a "solution"
to accessibility problems.  Even if HTML5 is implemented developers will
come up with new widgets based on html, css and javascripting or ignore
the use of html5 it all together to develop their web applications.

It seems to me the question is not either/or but what are the solution
available to developers.

Jon