Re: Why XHTML 5 is a bad name...

Arun wrote:

> I suppose we could go about saying "an XML serialization of HTML5" but
> that's a real mouthful.
HTML5 XML Serialization > HTML5 XMLS > HTML5 XS > HTML5 X > H5X

Pronunciations for the abbreviations could be character‐by‐character or
“hex” for H5X or maybe “hex five” for HX5.

HTML XML Edition 5 > H|X|E5 (“Hixie 5”)

Arun wrote:
> If someone comes up with a great proposal, I'm all for it, but I'm not
> terribly worried about confusion yet (speaking on behalf of a company
> that authors web pages).  A strawman might be "HTML5 as XML" (since
> when we use that, we're supposed to use a strict mimetype anyway).
HTML5 as XML works. It could be abbreviated as H5AX, H5X, or HAX.
Alternatively, HTML as XML 5 could be abbreviated as HAX5. HAX is easier
to pronounce  and type than HTML and XHTML are.