Re: the market hasn't spoken - it hasn't bothered to listened [was Re: fear of "invisible metadata"]

On Jun 27, 2007, at 5:21 AM, Ben Boyle wrote:

> Question. What happens in UAs if authors use <video> for an image:
>
> <video src="mycat.jpg">
> Fluffy, still only a few inches tall, is playing with a red ball
> of yarn that has to 3 times her size. She has just fallen on her back
> and it looks like the ball of yarn is crushing her. But she's really
> just having fun.
> </video>
>
> I'm guessing it will fallback, unless UAs support "jpg" in the video
> context ... maybe theyll throw a MEDIA_ERR_DECODE error. I know this
> sounds a bit silly, but I am thinking about ways of utilising fallback
> with images.

Or a video with just one frame? :-) I think the fact that you're
searching for creative ways of using these other elements (already)
points to the need to have a parallel one for still images.

Take care,
Rob