Re: Author-friendlier definition of <object>

Sander Tekelenburg wrote:
> At 04:14 +1000 UTC, on 2007-06-27, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> I don't think we need to dumb down the language in the spec for authors
>> in this case.  It's a spec, not a tutorial.
>
> Given that the spec not only defines UA conformity, but also document
> conformity, it will need to be understandable by both UA and document authors.

Note that I said *in this case*.  As I pointed out, the section is
clearly aimed at implementers, not authors, so I don't think it matters
that much if some authors can't understand it.  Each section of the spec
should be written in language suitable for its audience.

If there were something too complex for authors to understand, in a
section aimed at authors, I'd probably agree it should be clarified, but
that is not the case here.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/