Re: the market hasn't spoken - it hasn't bothered to listened [was Re: fear of "invisible metadata"]

Why do you say role has to be reverse engineered?

W3C docs:
http://www.w3.org/TR/aria-role/

Firefox docs:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/ARIA:_Accessible_Rich_Internet_Applications

Also, role can be used in HTML in Firefox. It doesn't validate, if you
use a validator, but we decided it was not worth the extra code to check
the namespace, since role is in the XHTML role attribute module. That
means it's legal with XHTML 1.1 so we just allow it in HTML as well.

- Aaron