Re: Author-friendlier definition of <object> (was Re: fear of "invisible metadata")

Lachlan Hunt  wrote:

> I don't think we need to dumb down the language in the spec for authors
> in this case.  It's a spec, not a tutorial.  Technical terms are fine,
> particularly in sections that are aimed more at implementers than authors.

"Dumb down" can be viewed as a pejorative term for a perceived
over-simplification. In "Why the Tech Industry Needs to Change Its
Language" [1], Jonathan Follett says:

It is something to consider.

Best Regards,
Laura