Re: Choosing name for XML serialization (Was: Re: HTML5 differences from HTML4 editor's draft (XHTML5 and XHTML2))

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I read the message and I don't see how it has anything to do with what I
> said. Please keep in mind that browser-hosted implementations allow
> dynamic creation of elements and insertion in possibly foreign
> namespaces. document.createElementNS("http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml",
> "input") can only have one result,

Sure, on DOM level the result will be just one. But depending on
stylesheets and behaviours loaded appearance and user interaction could
differ.

> In general, people commenting on what is or isn't doable in browsers may
> wish to consider studying some browser code first.

Thanks, I think that I can pretty well judge what is doable myself. But
of course this doesn't always mean that it is easyly doable within
current browsers given the code base which was architected before such
requierement was known.

Be in, register for XML Prague 2007 today! http://www.xmlprague.cz