Re: fear of "invisible metadata"

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 00:07:47 +0200, Philip & Le Khanh
> <Philip-and-LeKhanh@royal-tunbridge-wells.org> wrote:
>
>> Joshue O Connor wrote:
>>
>>> The problem that you seem be indicating is the difficulty in writing
>>> *good* alt text. This is an entirely different issue but an
>>> important one. The best the WG can do is provide tools that make
>>> this easy
>>
>> What sort of "tools" did you have in mind ?
>
> Attributes and elements - which are all that this group makes :) It's
> just a question of making sure we have the right ones - that are
> backward compatible, match what people do and are trying to achieve, and
> so on and so forth.

But attributes and elements don't "make [writing *good* alt text] easy",
which is what Joshue is referring to, and the reason for my (genuine)
question to him.  It is still unclear to me what sort of tools /could/
make this task easy, but perhaps some clear guidance from the RNIB as
to how best to describe an image might help ...

Philikp Taylor