Re: fear of "invisible metadata" [was Re: retention of summary attribute for TABLE element]

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> If a markup feature doesn't get used in the wanted ways
> virtually all the time, the feature has failed in the market.

That is a valid observation.

Therefore how then can the specs be moved forward to improve
accessibility or at least not go one step forward and two (or more)
steps back, reduce dead weight, and support legacy user agents? I guess
that is on the agenda right?

My concern in a nutshell is that there has been great progress made.
Creating accessible technologies that improves the lives of people with
disabilities is a tangible reality, it can be done but I am also aware
that in the technology sphere there are commercial concerns as well as
ever changing goalposts for those that define and describe standards.
This then has an effect on those who build the tools and products that
conform to these standards. The ordinary user is often the last in the
queue with people with disabilities behind those who are last in the queue.

</rant>

Josh