Re: feed for HTML WG current events? [was: Introducing myself]

Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 20:57 +0200, Olivier GENDRIN wrote:
>> On 6/18/07, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
>>> The Working Group homepage [cut]  has a
>>> "Current and Upcoming Events" at the top,
>> An no RSS feed for that.
>
> Are you interested to sketch how an RSS feed could work?
>
> I think Karl and colleagues have played with hAtom to Atom
> and such; I think the technical issues are most likely
> manageable...
>
> But I see editorial challenges... the items in the
> current events section are bullet items, not complete
> feed entries. I tweak them and smush them around,
> and re-order them and such. I'd have to think about them
> differently if every change caused a new item in
> zillions of blog readers. Maybe that would be worthwhile;
> I dunno.

As long as atom:id and atom:updated have not changed, feed readers
should not treat any tweaks, smushes, or re-ordering as significant.
Some may anyway, but at that point, you've indicated your wishes.

> Another option is a "planet HTML WG". I think Michael
> Smith has been playing with that. Care to share details,
> Michael?

Both Planet 2.0 and Venus) are examples of software which handle atom:id
and atom:updated correctly.

- Sam Ruby