Re: Note on terminology: Attribute types

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:15:27 +0200, Henrik Dvergsdal
<henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no> wrote:
> I think we will gain precision by using consistent, spec-wide
> terminology to distinguish between DOM attributes and attributes defined
> on elements (reflected by the DOM Attr interface). The spec uses (at
> least) three different terms for the latter:
>
> "attribute"
> "content attribute"
> "element attribute"
>
> IMO "element attribute" is the most unambiguous and descriptive
> alternative. At least, simply using "attribute" should be avoided.

Where does it use "element attribute"? That sounds like it might be a bug.
The specification claims it uses "content attribute" unless the use of
"attribute" is not ambiguous. I have found no real problems with that so
far...

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>