Re: Conceptual modelling of attributes

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:20:39 +0200, Henrik Dvergsdal
<henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no> wrote:
> OK. Then I take it that for ordinary element attributes that are
> accessed through the getAttribute and setAttribute functions:
>
> getAttribute must return null if the attribute is not present.

It is correct that user agents have to do that, but there is no
specification so far that supports that assertion.

> getAttribute must the same value that has ben set with setAttribute.

I think this should always be true, yes.

> Two more questions:
>
> The spec says: "The contenteditable attribute is a common attribute.
> User agents must support this attribute on all HTML elements."
>
> Does this mean that it is an ordinary element attribute or may it an
> attribute reflected by a HTML-specific DOM property?

It is reflected by the contentEditable DOM attribute on the HTMLElement
interface.

> Does anyone have examples of HTML specific DOM properties that reflect
> attributes?

Every HTML attribute has a DOM attribute that reflects it in some way. See
the interfaces listed throughout the HTML5 specification.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>