Subject: Re: toward W3C Working Draft: design principles? spec? other?
(survey)
From:    "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Date:    Mon, June 4, 2007 10:58 am
To:      "Henrik Dvergsdal" <henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no>
         "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 11:27:21 +0200, Henrik Dvergsdal
<henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no> wrote:
> Does this mean you think we should forget all about HTML4? Don't you
> think that we should be able to state the reasons for changes vs. HTML4
> with use cases, research etc.?

I don't think we should assume HTML4 is perfect. The legacy we have is
HTML as practiced on the web, not HTML4. It probably make sense to analyse
features in that light (apart from normally reviewing them).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>