Re: lang and xml:lang Re: 3.4. Global attributes

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:11:26 +0200, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>
>> Actually, I'm not sure XML handles cases like (what's the language of A
>> and what's the language of B?):

> From XML point of view there is no language specified.

Which would not be backwards compatible...

> [...]
>
> May be evil idea, but since during DOM construction all elements are put
> into XHTML namespace what about moving lang -> xml:lang (if there is no
> xml:lang already) for HTML serialization and forbidding lang in XML
> serialization?

Yeah, this was suggested on whatwg@whatwg.org also. From my recollection
implementors were not willing to do it as its not backwards compatible and
could break stuff.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>