Re: unifying alternate content across embedded content element types (was Comments on IRC log)

At 22:01 -0500 UTC, on 2007-07-26, Jon Barnett wrote:

[...]

> What would be better about <picture>?

(I though I just explained that? :))

> Today's MSIE halfway supports
> <object>, but may fully support <object> in the future.

What reason do you have to expect that <object> will ever be fixed in IE?

[...]

> The only problem with <object> in IE today is that it doesn't
> fall back properly.

And that it throws in gratuitous scrollbars.

> I'm sure that can be fixed faster than asking for
> support for a whole new element.

Sure it /can/. I just don't see any reason to expect that it will.

Mind you, I think all talk of <object> and <picture> is useless while Chris
Wilson doesn't participate. I only meant to explain to Lachlan the point of
<picture>.

--
Sander Tekelenburg