Re: Using XSLT to output the HTML 5 DOCTYPE

Sam Ruby wrote:

> Jon Barnett wrote:
>> As far as I can tell, there is no way to make XSLT 1.0 or 2.0 output
>> the HTML 5 DOCTYPE.

Yes, that problem was mentioned before (and not addressed).

> I do it now.  Warning: you might not *like* how I do it, but it does work:
>
> http://intertwingly.net/code/venus/themes/asf/index.html.xslt

disable-output-escaping is a truly optional XSLT feature (Sam: yes, I
know you know that, but the others may not...). For instance, it will
not work within Firefox' XSLT implementation, because it internally
transforms to a DOM (AFAIK), not a byte stream.

Best regards, Julian