Re: handling fallback content for still images

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2007, at 10:52, Robert Burns wrote:
>
>> Yes, I understand. The point here was that Henri said that tr cannot
>> be a child of table in the text/html serialization. However, it can.
>
> No, it can only look like it to the author who doesn't know how HTML
> works on this point.

This might be a reasonable opportunity to publicize some tools that can
help in this kind of discussion, in case they have slipped under
anyone's radar:

Hixie's Live DOM Viewer [1]: See the DOM created by your current browser
given an input markup fragment.

html5lib: [2] An implementation of the HTML 5 parsing algorithm in
python (please only use the SVN trunk). Not as good as reading the
parsing section of the spec, but significantly easier ;) Also avaliable
online [3].

[1] http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/html5lib/
[3] http://james.html5.org/parsetree.html