Re: handling fallback content for still images

On Jul 3, 2007, at 6:05 AM, Sander Tekelenburg wrote:

> [Assuming you mailed me off-list unintentionally]
>
> At 05:40 -0500 UTC, on 2007-07-03, Robert Burns wrote:
>
>> On Jul 3, 2007, at 5:12 AM, Sander Tekelenburg wrote:
>
> [....<http://santek.no-ip.org/~st/tests/picturetag/>]
>
>> One more thing. I noticed you put in that as a con, <object> is not
>> interoperable with IE. My thought was that I was including the object
>> markup that is interoperable with IE. I don't' have IE here to test
>> it, but if you or someone else could check I'd appreciate it.
>
> For me, IE6 renders no output whatsoever. I find the specs' object
> and param
> definitions too incomprehensible, IE too unintresting and my time
> too limited
> to debug -- sorry ;) If you for anyone else find something that
> does work
> (better) with IE, I'll be happy to add it to this page though.

No that's fine. Thanks for trying. I'll get access to IE myself and
see if I can come up with anything. Somewhere I read that adding the
<param> as I did would get IE working. Maybe it's IE7 only. Or maybe
its just plain wrong (I think I got if off of Wikipedia).

Take care,
Rob