Re: Neutrality in "HTML 5 differences from HTML 4"

On Jul 3, 2007, at 3:34 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:32:51 +0200, Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com>
> wrote:
>> The only value for this differences document currently is to help
>> drive the decision making of this WG.
>
> It's to help people outside this WG who don't have time to read all
> of HTML 5 or follow this mailing list to see what the differences
> are and comment on them. It gives them the ability to review the
> document as well and it seems to be helping members of this WG as
> well. (It's also very much non-normative and not binding in any way.)

People outside the WG can read about the differences here:

<http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Differences_from_HTML4>

and also read about the HTML WG's starting point (or roughly our
starting point) here:

<http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/>

We're having a hard time communicating on these issues within the WG.
I think once we figure out how to do that, we'll have an easier time
communicating succinctly and effectively to a wider public audience.
Once we get a clearer shared understanding of our design principles,
I think all of this will go much more smoothly. This would include a
clearer understanding about what criteria were applied in the design
choices made so far.

Take care,
Rob