Re: LONGDESC: some current problems and a proposed solution added to the wiki

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:50:31 +0200, Philip TAYLOR
<Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> How realstic is it to expect people to provide alternate content for
>> their Flash content?
>
> If we don't give the hooks so to do, totally unreasonable.

There's a hook: <object>.

> If we give them the hooks, and they lose sales or
> end up in court because they don't use them,
> not only "reasonable" but the probability
> that they will provide alternate content for
> their Flash content is extremely high.

Forcing people to do stuff in this way seems like a bad idea. It also only
works for large corperations, not for your average weblog.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>