Re: Proposing Named & Numbered Issues for HTML (was: Leading the Forefront - with IRC ! ?)

On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 18:41 -0400, Mike Schinkel wrote:
[...]
> My guess is that this working group is going to be the mother of all working
> groups, i.e. that almost everyone involved in web technology specifications
> will (want to) be involved. That means this list is going to see an
> overwhelming amount of traffic unlike probably any other list in the past,
> or at least in recent memory.

Sssh... don't say that too loudly; saying it makes it more likely
to come true. ;-)

[...]
>  I suggest that the chair or someone
> else be appointed to identify and manage a list of issues. This would allos
> discussions on identified issues would need to have those issue name/numbers
> in the subject, something like i.e. "DocType01" and all list users would
> co-manage the list to ensure that any conversations be identified by a
> specific issue or start with (something like) "ProposedIssue00:"

Have you seen the Agenda and Issues list I started?
  http://www.w3.org/html/wg/il16

Yes, I expect we'll eventually want named-and-numbered issues.
But I like to start low-tech and add mechanisms as the need arises.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E