Re: Underline element.

On Dec 28, 2007 2:21 AM, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:

> But if some people want it included, we should focus on finding reasons
> why it should be included, rather than why it currently hasn't been
> included.

I remember reading an article by Joe Clark (I think) where he
mentioned how his friend who writes about old german texts used the b,
i and u elements to markup passages that were bold, italics and
underlined in those texts. I can not find the article right now
though.

In that case I guess the use case is correct (as he wanted to convey
the original text in the markup and not by styling it). As I remember
the original text wasn't using the bolding for emphasis and the modern
day author simply used u to say that "this passage is underlined".

However, this may be a very limited use case and I believe that RDFa
would be a better tool for that author.

Regards,

Peter