Re: Why splitting HTML5 into several specs has failed to work (Was: Request for clarification on HTML 5 publication status)

Michael A. Puls II wrote:
> On 11/30/07, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>> I agree whole heartedly that it would be great if we could just have a
>> bunch of tiny specs that are self-contained and well maintained. In
>> practice, though, this hasn't worked. I truly wish it would.
>
> FWIW, I like the way the spec is currently presented. There's lots of
> continuity between everything. I think it makes for a better and a
> more understandable spec.
>
> If lots of things get separated, I hope the continuity remains, but I
> fear it would degrade the spec.

My 2c worth:

Is there another way of drafting the Spec using tools such as a Wiki?

It would be nice if mailing list discussion, history, comments, differences from
4.01, interdependencies, test suites etc could be more effectively integrated.

Separate pages that can be read more easily online would also help.

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz
http://www.ramin.com.au