Re: Guide/AlternateElementTemplate

Le 6 déc. 2007 à 22:14, James Graham a écrit :
> One problem with putting "lies to children"[1] in such a document is
> that it can undermine trust in tools that are written to the actual
> spec.

"Lie to children", aka oversimplification, is a good example of what
you are doing in the message here.

> For example consider the sequence of events:
> * An author reads the authoring guide and is led to believe that all
> tags must be closed

"led to believe". full stop.
In my previous message, I didn't say that it was the only way to write
tags.
Hmm not sure how to put it in simpler terms.
It can be addressed here in this section
http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/#conventions

The syntax chosen in this document is a subset of all possible
requirements of HTML 5. Some elements may have optional end tags. For
the sake of clarity and teaching, we always closed elements with their
end tag. The detailed requirements  for each element is given in
@@HTML 5 Specification@@

I think I understand what is your point. When I read the body element
section, there is the green section, which IMHO, should not be in this
document or at least not the first thing we see. At best I would put
all the content model, tag things, etc. at the bottom of each section
or in an appendix.
http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/#sections

--
Karl Dubost - W3C