Re: DogFood

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Sam Ruby wrote:

> If the declaration clashed, I could see the value in an error message,
> but as I said, this can be discussed another day.

I've saved this message to the character encoding folder of my feedback
pile. Feel free to discuss it whenever, I'll keep the feedback going to
that pile until I actually get to dealing with it.

> > > I don't understand the error message that is produced, nor can I figure
> > > out what the problem is.  Can you elaborate?
> >
> > <wbr> isn't valid HTML (and never has been).
>
> Should it be?  :-)
>
> i.e., does it serve a useful purpose?  Does it cause any backwards
> compatibility problems?

As far as I can tell it's redundant with the Unicode zero width space
and zero width non-joiner characters.