RE: HTML/XML TF report introductory text

Jirka et al.

"Probably I'm missing something, but in XHTML5 you can freely use additional elements/attributes which are not from http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml namespace. So I don't know what problem you see there."

Jirka, thank you. What tool and/or browser did you use to make an HTML5 or XHTML5 web page to demonstrate this? We are now making some progress.

I have just installed XMLSpy Profession 2012, which has an html5 example. Unfortunately, the html element did not include a xmlns attribute. Since it included an SVG element, which produced an error message, I tried to add xmlns:svg=http://www.w3.org/2000/svg which was not accepted. Neither was 'xmlns:strings_bd'

Error message produced during validation of XHTML5 form:

File D:\XHTML&HTML5\Forms\XHTML_Form_Minimal_Bob.html is not valid.

          Element 'html' has no declaration for an attribute named 'xmlns:strings_bd'.

                    Error location: html / @xmlns:strings_bd

                    Details

VC: Attribute Value Type: Element 'html' has no declaration for an attribute named

'xmlns:strings_bd'.

The only acceptable attribute value for xmlns is <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

I believe that this demonstrates that there is a problem with namespace declarations.

The Form and Schema below are very simple test cases. The XML page generated by use of the form is incorrect and therefore the form has at least one mistake. I hope that it can evolve into something that works. The XML page generated by the schema served as the target for the form. Since the order of the attributes differs between the two XML pages, something happened when I typed in Bob and activated the send button.

Xhtml5 Form

<!DOCTYPE html>

               <head>

                              <link href="XHTML_Form_Minimal_Bob_files/form.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>

                              <title>HTML5_Form 1</title>

               </head>

                              <form action="string_bd16.xml" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

                              method="post">

                                                            <input id="form-1" name="string_bd16" type="text"/></p>

                                             <!-- entry end -->

                                                            <button type="submit">Send</button>

                              </form>

Schema

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

xmlns:strings_bd="http://www.cytometryml.org/ACS/strings_bd"

targetNamespace="http://www.cytometryml.org/ACS/strings_bd"

<element name="Name" type="strings_bd:Bounded_16_Type"/>

               <simpleType name="Bounded_16_Type" id="Bounded_16_Type">

                              <restriction base="token">

                                             <minLength value="1"/>

                                             <maxLength value="16"/>

                              </restriction>

               </simpleType>

</schema>

XML page generated from the schema

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!--Sample XML file generated by XMLSpy v2012 (x64) (http://www.altova.com)-->

<strings_bd:Name xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.cytometryml.org/ACS/strings_bd string_bd16.xsd"

xmlns:strings_bd="http://www.cytometryml.org/ACS/strings_bd"

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">a</strings_bd:Name>

XML page resulting from using the XHTML5 form with Internet Explorer 9

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!--Sample XML file generated by XMLSpy v2012 (x64) (http://www.altova.com)-->

<strings_bd:Name xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:strings_bd="http://www.cytometryml.org/ACS/strings_bd" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.cytometryml.org/ACS/strings_bd string_bd16.xsd">a</strings_bd:Name>

Obviously, this does not work.

Bob Leif