W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2015

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2015-01-08: Action items, Spring F2F, Media, DOM

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:44:45 -0500
Message-ID: <1421268285.6465.9.camel@chacal>
To: HTML WG announcements <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

08 Jan 2015

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2015JanMar/0002.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2015/01/08-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          paulc, tantek, Sam, janina, Philippe, benjamp, Robin,
          Leonie

   Regrets
          Shane

   Chair
          paulc

   Scribe
          plh

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Open actions
         2. [6]Spring f2f Update
         3. [7]AOB
         4. [8]Media support interest
         5. [9]DOM update
         6. [10]Next meeting
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

Open actions

   action-249?

   <trackbot> action-249 -- Robin Berjon to Triage new whatwg
   updates, html bugs, landscape document in order to list
   priority content for modules -- due 2015-01-15 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [12]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/249

     [12] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/249

   Paul: due January 15
   ... Robin is planning to do it over the next week

   action-252?

   <trackbot> action-252 -- Sam Ruby to - contact polyglot
   proponents to ask what they plan to do w/ the spec -- due
   2015-01-31 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/252

     [13] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/252

   Paul: in progress

   action-253?

   <trackbot> action-253 -- Robin Berjon to File bugs on
   implementors re: html json form submission -- due 2015-01-23 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/253

     [14] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/253

   Paul: due January 23
   ... I assume the html5 work gets higher priority

   action-254?

   <trackbot> action-254 -- Robin Berjon to Triage and prioritise
   DOM bugs based on incompatible tests (+XMLDocument#load) -- due
   2014-12-19 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/254

     [15] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/254

   Paul: very recent update from Robin

   <paulc> Update:
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2015Jan/000
   0.html

     [16]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2015Jan/0000.html

Spring f2f Update

   plh: MIT is not a solution due to conflicts
   ... April 13-17, April 20-24, May 11-15

   <paulc> April 13-17 or April 20-24 are possible at Microsoft in
   Redmond. I am working on determing if we have budget for
   hosting.

   plh: Leonie is looking at London, Paul is looking at MS

   <paulc> Also checking on space in Silicon Valley that we used
   in May 2012

   Paul: we have space in redmond but not sure about budget, also
   in Silicon valley
   ... hope to have something to report

   <janina> April 13-17 conflicts with (Christian) Holy Week

   <janina> Easter is April 20

   Leonie: we're having the same conversation with lunches

   <paulc> I think Easter is earlier ie Apr 8

   Leonie: we have the rooms but not the budget yet.

AOB

   Paul: Call for Review on longdesc

   <paulc> [17]http://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/4214

     [17] http://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/4214

   Paul: closes on Jan 16
   ... Future of HTML Form HTTP extensions

   <paulc>
   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2015J
   an/0001.html

     [18]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2015Jan/0001.html

   Paul> Cameron promised to do a call for implementation interest

   scribe: Cameron doesn't want to carry it forward if there is no
   interest

   plh: we're following two different strategies between JSON
   extension and the form extension
   ... one is to file bugs, and the other is to send a CfI

   Paul: please follow on the thread

   Plh: will do

   Paul: public Identifiers for entity resolution in XHTML

   <paulc> See
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2015J
   an/0003.html

     [19]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2015Jan/0003.html

   Paul: the editor will prepare a WG Note
   ... so the chairs and team will look at it
   ... to change the status of that

Media support interest

   <darobin>
   [20]http://discourse.specifiction.org/t/media-controls-api/718

     [20] http://discourse.specifiction.org/t/media-controls-api/718

   Plh: interest in future media work. should it be in the media
   task force or somewhere else?

   Paul: the TF concentrates on their current work. email
   public-html-media and see the interest there
   ... we had a good meeting this week on testing for MSE (thanks
   to Cyril)

DOM update

   Robin: most useful next step is for implementers to look at the
   list

   <paulc> See
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2015Jan/000
   0.html

     [21]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2015Jan/0000.html

   Robin: 2 big things to look
   ... mozilla links
   ... blocked on implementers providing input
   ... other is for lack of implementations

   Plh: so the tests are correct?

   Robin: yes, as far as I can find
   ... would be useful to get feedback from implementers
   ... those are issues with core interfaces so can't be removed

   <paulc>
   [22]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19431

     [22] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19431

   <paulc>
   [23]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22960

     [23] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22960

   <paulc> We need implementers to review these two bugs and the
   material in Robin's summary note.

   Plh: shouldn't we file bugs to the engines?

   Robin: would be a fair bit of work

   <paulc> Remember to have this discussion on www-dom@w3.org

   Plh: could wait a week to see how the discussion goes on
   www-dom

Next meeting

   Sam will chair

   <darobin> I am regrets next week, speaking at a conference at
   the same time

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 14 January 2015 20:44:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:13 UTC