W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2014

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2014-11-13: Longdesc PR, action items

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 11:31:33 -0600
Message-ID: <CAOk_reFJ+f2tCepBqW9OVnQVjOdJ9xoNkiokogpV0ALiUgUp8w@mail.gmail.com>
To: HTML <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
[image: W3C] <http://www.w3.org/>
- DRAFT -HTML Weekly Teleconference13 Nov 2014


See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/13-html-wg-irc>
Presentpaulc, ShaneM, gregDavis, LJWatson, janina, tantekRegretsChairpaulc

   - Topics <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/13-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
      1. Action Items
      2. Decisions this week
      3. Items Closing this week
      4. Task Force Reports
      5. Any other business
      6. Next Meeting
   - Summary of Action Items


<trackbot> Date: 13 November 2014

<Titi_Alone> how does it work?

<paulc> Thanks, ShaneM

<scribe> ScribeNick: ShaneM

<paulc> Agenda:
Action Items


<trackbot> ACTION-249 -- Robin Berjon to Triage new whatwg updates, html
bugs, landscape document in order to list priority content for modules --
due 2014-11-06 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/249

<scribe> In Progress - we need an updated due date. Paul will work to get


<trackbot> ACTION-250 -- Paul Cotton to Prepare cfc concerning moving dom4
to the new process -- due 2014-11-07 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/250

<paulc> Since DOM4 is currently in Last Call, I don't think this CfC is


The discussion at the f2f about moving to the new process was not relevant.
The document is current in last call.

scribe: the CfC was to take it straight to PR. We don't need the new
process because we were not in CR.
... we can still potentially skip CR and go to PR assuming the tests work
and we can demonstrate interoperability.
... will report on this to the mailing list.


<trackbot> ACTION-251 -- Paul Cotton to Contact public identifiers and form
http extension proponents to ask what they plan to do w/ the specs -- due
2014-11-07 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/251

<paulc> Re: public identifiers and form http extension

There are two threads on this on the mailing list. Starting at messages 38
and 39 respectively.

<paulc> See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2014Nov/0038.html and

One of the proponents is withdrawing the public identifier extension spec.
Figuring out how to proceed.


<trackbot> ACTION-252 -- Paul Cotton to - contact polyglot proponents to
ask what they plan to do w/ the spec -- due 2014-11-07 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/252

<scribe> In progress.


<trackbot> ACTION-253 -- Robin Berjon to File bugs on implementors re: html
json form submission -- due 2014-11-07 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/253

Status unknown.
Decisions this week

a) WG Decision: Request transition of Image Description Extension
(longdesc) to Proposed Recommendation


transition request has been sent to the director. Waiting to schedule a
meeting. Unclear if it will happen before the Thanksgiving break.

b) WG Decision: CfC: publish HTML5 Differences from HTML4 document as a WG


Should be published early next week.
Items Closing this week

Task Force Reports

a) Accessibility Task Force

JS: looking at additional issues to take up in next round of HTML
... discussed accesskey today. other topics coming up are from digital
publishing and testing communities. use cases and requirements are expected.
... will have things in hand in time for a Paris meeting should there be
... Also got comments on the MAUG document from the EO group. Media subteam
will start meeting again on Monday to process EOs comments.
... and other public comments we received after last heartbeat.

b) Media Task Force

F2F minutes show that we spent most of Friday morning on EME and MSE.

scribe: lots of action items raised. We are working through those actions.
... 3 or 4 of the most substantial bug comments on EME came from the TAG
about privacy and security issues.
... 4 or 5 additional bugs filed. Henri Sivonen followed up with some
concrete proposals.
... before F2F we were at 20 bugs. Now we are at 30. not as bad as it
sounds, since some have proposed solutions.

Group is trying to work out its scheduling for the remainder of the year.

A volunteer came forth at the F2F who will help with MSE testing. Trying to
help get that person up to speed.

c) Canvas Task Force

PC: Mark Sadeki has file a couple of bugs that describe material that is
missing from the CR.
... discussion about how to make the changes. Task Force continues
developing tests and collecting results.
... Additional action out of the F2F is to figure out how to move Canvas to
the new process, since it is already in CR.

<tantek> +1 on switching Canvas Level 1 to new process (LCCR)
Any other business

<paulc> http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item52

a) HTML WG F2F, Spring 2015


PC: Working with Telecom University in Paris. Looking at the week after the
AC meeting in Paris.
... up in the air until we get sponsor commitments.

<tantek> q

PC: TPAC at the end of next year is in Japan. Having a meeting in Europe
seems like a reasonable pattern since we were in China and then in the US.

tantek: A prefer end of April before the AC/AB meeting rather than after
the meeting.

PC: May 1 is a holiday in France - that has an effect on the decision.
... also academic institutions might have more space for us during their
breaks, which might also be why after was being considered.
... but I will take your position to the group.

tantek: has anyone started a doodle?

PC: No - we wait until we have a firm location so that people have a more
concrete thing to vote upon.
... we are doing it one step at a time. Once we declare a meeting other
groups tend to attach themselves to our "train" so we need to take that
into consideration as well.
... but we will go to the working groups with some sort of poll or survey
once we have a good idea of the location and potential schedule.

<paulc> ;<)
Next Meeting

Sam will chair the next meeting.

No scribe volunteers.

<tantek> bye!
Summary of Action Items[End of minutes]
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version
1.140 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2014-11-13 17:29:48 $
Scribe.perl diagnostic output[Delete this section before finalizing the

This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: ShaneM
Inferring Scribes: ShaneM
Default Present: paulc, ShaneM, gregDavis, LJWatson, janina, tantek
Present: paulc ShaneM gregDavis LJWatson janina tantek
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2014OctDec/0007.html
Found Date: 13 Nov 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/11/13-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items:

[End of scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> diagnostic

Shane McCarron
Managing Director, Applied Testing and Technology, Inc.
Received on Thursday, 13 November 2014 17:32:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:13 UTC