W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2013

Re: FW: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2013-04-04: MSE CfC, hgroup decision, April F2F meeting

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 09:28:17 -0700
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Message-id: <m2fvz68dlq.fsf@eoconnor.apple.com>
Hi,

Paul wrote:

> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2013-04-04 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

The minutes are available in HTML (with some pre-meeting IRC chatter) at
           http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-html-wg-minutes.html
or in plain text (sans pre-meeting bits) below.



   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

04 Apr 2013

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013AprJun/0001.html

Attendees

   Present
          +1.415.230.aaaa, eliot, Clarke, Radhika_Roy,
          +1.212.512.aabb, hober, Bin, +1.201.785.aacc, paulc,
          [IPcaller], [Microsoft], Mark_Sadecki, Janina, jaymunro,
          cabanier, ReimundoGarcia, Sam, SunzanneT, adrianba, dio,
          Plh, Bin_Hu

   Regrets
   Chair
          paulc

   Scribe
          hober

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Action items due by Thursday, April 4
         2. [5]New calls this week
         3. [6]Decisions this week
         4. [7]info on the HTML WG F2F meeting, Apr 23-24, PayPal,
            San Jose, CA
         5. [8]Other Business
         6. [9]Chair and scribe for next meeting
         7. [10]Adjournment
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <paulc> Agenda:
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce
   /2013AprJun/0001.html

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013AprJun/0001.html

Action items due by Thursday, April 4

   paulc: there are none

New calls this week

   paulc: CfC to publish a heartbeat Media Source Extensions
   Working Draft

   [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013M
   ar/0037.html

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Mar/0037.html

   paulc: closes today
   ... CfCs close at midnight Boston time
   ... some support, no objections thus far
   ... assuming it passes, we'll work with the editors to get it
   published

Decisions this week

   paulc: request to drop hgroup from HTML5 raised during last
   week's meeting
   ... we've issued a decision to drop it from HTML5

   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013A
   pr/0003.html

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Apr/0003.html

   scribe: leaving it up to the editors with regard to how to
   handle this in 5.1

   See also discussion of hgroup in HTML 5.1:
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013Apr/000
   2.html

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013Apr/0002.html

   scribe: steve suggested to remove monday

   paulc: asked him to delay due to holiday weekend etc.
   ... i expect a one week delay
   ... if you think hgroup should stay in 5.1, you should respond
   on that thread

info on the HTML WG F2F meeting, Apr 23-24, PayPal, San Jose, CA

   paulc: registration closes tomorrow, Fri Apr 5
   [20]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html-april-2013/
   ... 7 or 8 additional registrations since last week, 34 total
   ... two observer requests
   ... at least one task force has asked for a breakout room
   ... talking to the hosts about this
   ... talked on the a11y tf call this morning about adding a11y
   topics to the draft agenda
   ... planning on closing on that next week
   ... html is meeting tuesday & wednesday, pf is meeting
   wednesday and thursday
   ... wiki page for the agenda
   [21]http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-04-Agenda#Potential_Top
   ics
   ... i encourage people to add their possible topics here
   ... so far, proposed topics include testing, mse, eme
   ... wg runs its meetings in an unconference style
   ... first thing tuesday morning, we'll build our agenda based
   on this wiki page and on what comes up then
   ... some sessions may be anchored at particular times depending
   on availability etc.

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html-april-2013/
     [21] http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-04-Agenda#Potential_Topics

Other Business

   paulc: status of Microdata CR publication
   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
   an/0183.html
   ... robin started a thread yesterday on microdata integration
   on public-html
   ... more to do with 5.1 than with the CR document

     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0183.html

   <paulc>
   [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013Apr/000
   7.html

     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013Apr/0007.html

   paulc: plh, during the transition call a missing section was
   discovered?

   plh: it's more than that, since the call, the editor discovered
   that the microdata spec might not make sense in its current
   form. currently investigating

   paulc: the chairs are encouraging the editors to discuss this
   on public-html

   rubys: it's not clear

   paulc: the cr publication of microdata is currently blocked on
   fixing the missing text
   ... took some time to find how/when the text got removed
   ... the editors are now trying to figure out how to handle this
   ... Status of HTML WG charter
   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013F
   eb/0097.html
   ... under AC review a couple of weeks ago. plh, anything to
   report?

     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Feb/0097.html

   plh: made some progress yesterday
   ... one formal objection received, we are trying to resolve it
   ... this will take time; we don't expect the charter to be
   approved in the next 3 weeks
   ... we will likely come back to the AC with some new wording
   which will need further review

   paulc: i don't think this rechartering has any impact on, say,
   our f2f or other work

   plh: correct
   ... shouldn't prevent the ongoing work of the wg

   paulc: any other other business?

Chair and scribe for next meeting

   paulc: it's sam's turn to chair next week
   ... i am traveling next week and will likely miss the meeting
   ... no volunteers to scribe for sam next week

Adjournment

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 4 April 2013 16:28:45 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:10 UTC