W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2011

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-12-15: issue progress, editor's drafts, speech xg

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:46:52 -0800
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Message-id: <m2vcphpw1f.fsf@eoconnor.apple.com>
Maciej wrote:

> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2011-12-15 for up to 60 minutes from 17:00Z to 18:00Z.

The minutes from this week's teleconference are available at

           http://www.w3.org/2011/12/15-html-wg-minutes.html

or in plain text below.

                      HTML Weekly Teleconference

15 Dec 2011

Attendees

   Present
   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          hober

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Action items due by Thursday, December 15
         2. [4]New Issues This Week
         3. [5]Items Closed Last Week
         4. [6]Items Closing This Week
         5. [7]Items Closing Next Week
         6. [8]New Calls this week
         7. [9]New Surveys this week
         8. [10]Decisions this week
         9. [11]Other Business
        10. [12]Web and TV IG update
        11. [13]Other Other Business
        12. [14]Scribe for next meeting
        13. [15]Adjournment
     * [16]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <rubys> trackbot, start meeting

   <trackbot> Date: 15 December 2011

   <mjs> do we have a scribe designated?

   <paulc> Nope.

   <scribe> ScribeNick: hober

Action items due by Thursday, December 15

   mjs: there are none

New Issues This Week

   ISSUE-190?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-190 -- Replace poor coding example for figure with
   multiple images -- raised

   <trackbot> [50]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

     [50] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-190: Replace poor coding example for figure
   with multiple images - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: this is about one of the examples in the <figure> section of
   the spec

   ISSUE-191?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-191 -- Replace/complement <ins> and <del> elements
   by a cleaner wysiwyg-safe attribute-based solution -- raised

   <trackbot> [51]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/191

     [51] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/191

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-191: Replace/complement and elements by a
   cleaner wysiwyg-safe attribute-based solution - HTML Weekly Tracker
   (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: based on discussion in a bug
   ... <ins> and <del> used to show edit history

   ISSUE-192?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-192 -- title attribute definition does not match
   reality -- raised

   <trackbot> [52]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

     [52] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-192: title attribute definition does not
   match reality - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: steve argues that the way title="" behaves in browsers doesn't
   match the spec

Items Closed Last Week

   ISSUE-133?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-133 -- Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a
   modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) -- open

   <trackbot> [53]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

     [53] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-133: Add a modal attribute to html5 to
   indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) - HTML Weekly
   Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: CfC closed 12/7
   ... had multiple change proposals, all but one dropped

   ISSUE-174?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-174 -- potential conflict between Link: and <link>
   semantics -- open

   <trackbot> [54]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

     [54] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-174: potential conflict between Link: and
   semantics - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: only received one change proposal, no counters
   ... CfC passed

   ISSUE-177?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-177 -- References to Internet-Drafts should be
   given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. -- open

   <trackbot> [55]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

     [55] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-177: References to Internet-Drafts should be
   given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
   www.w3.org)

   mjs: IETF prefers I-Ds to be cited as works in progress
   ... Going to CfC now

   ISSUE-180?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-180 -- Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox --
   open

   <trackbot> [56]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

     [56] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-180: Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox -
   HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: call for alternate or counter proposals closed

   <scribe> ... new iframe sandbox directive that would allow popups to
   be displayed

   UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: editor has expressed willingness to adopt proposal
   ... likely to be closed by amicable consensus

Items Closing This Week

   mjs: there aren't any

Items Closing Next Week

   ISSUE-179?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- {audio,video} require param child (or
   equivalent) -- open

   <trackbot> [57]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

     [57] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-179: {audio,video} require param child (or
   equivalent) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: call for proposals closes 12/22
   ... lots of discussion at TPAC on this issue

   <glenn> believes the WebTV IG will be forwarding proposal to HTML WG

New Calls this week

   <glenn> regarding adding specific AV params

   ISSUE-177?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-177 -- References to Internet-Drafts should be
   given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. -- open

   <trackbot> [58]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

     [58] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-177: References to Internet-Drafts should be
   given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
   www.w3.org)

   mjs reports on what glenn said in irc

   ack

   mjs: ISSUE-177 CfC closes 12/28
   ... any objection needs to be accompanied with a change proposal

   <rubys>
   [59]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0079.htm
   l

     [59] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0079.html

   <pimpbot> Title: CfC: Close ISSUE-177: ietf-id-wip by Amicable
   Resolution from Paul Cotton on 2011-12-12 (public-html@w3.org from
   December 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

   ISSUE-177 CfC closes 12/20, not on the 28th as claimed in the agenda

   ISSUE-190?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-190 -- Replace poor coding example for figure with
   multiple images -- raised

   <trackbot> [60]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

     [60] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-190: Replace poor coding example for figure
   with multiple images - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: call for proposals closes 1/21
   ... allowing a little extra time due to the holiday break

   ISSUE-191?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-191 -- Replace/complement <ins> and <del> elements
   by a cleaner wysiwyg-safe attribute-based solution -- raised

   <trackbot> [61]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/191

     [61] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/191

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-191: Replace/complement and elements by a
   cleaner wysiwyg-safe attribute-based solution - HTML Weekly Tracker
   (at www.w3.org)

   ISSUE-192?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-192 -- title attribute definition does not match
   reality -- raised

   <trackbot> [62]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

     [62] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-192: title attribute definition does not
   match reality - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

New Surveys this week

   mjs: there aren't any

Decisions this week

   ISSUE-133?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-133 -- Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a
   modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) -- open

   <trackbot> [63]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

     [63] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-133: Add a modal attribute to html5 to
   indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) - HTML Weekly
   Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: was resolved by amicable consensus

   ISSUE-174?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-174 -- potential conflict between Link: and <link>
   semantics -- open

   <trackbot> [64]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

     [64] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-174: potential conflict between Link: and
   semantics - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: also passed by amicable consensus

Other Business

   ISSUE-131?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to
   canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open

   <trackbot> [65]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

     [65] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-131: Should we add a caret location API to
   canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
   www.w3.org)

   Re-opening of ISSUE-131
   [66]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0059.htm
   l

     [66] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0059.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Re: Request to re-open issue 131 from Sam Ruby on
   2011-12-09 (public-html@w3.org from December 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

   mjs: received a change proposal for a portion of the original
   decision
   ... we expect lots of other proposals challenging other aspects of
   the decision
   ... we vacated the previous decision
   ... we'll need someone to provide a proposal defending what's in the
   spec
   ... may split into multiple issues
   ... the issue covered several changes, thematically related but
   logically separable
   ... please help us get a stronger resolution this time

   Vacated time portion of revert request for r6783
   [67]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0058.htm
   l

     [67] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0058.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Re: noted 3 issues re: time/data (was Re: minutes
   for HTML WG f2f, 2011-11-04, part 1) from Sam Ruby on 2011-12-09
   (public-html@w3.org from December 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

   mjs: mailing list discussion revealed rough consensus on direction
   for <time>
   ... so we recinded that aspect of the revert request
   ... still ongoing discussion of <data> and pubdate=""

   Open Web Platform Weekly Summary for 2011-12-05 - 2011-12-11
   [68]http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/12/open_web_platform_weekly_summa.html

     [68] http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/12/open_web_platform_weekly_summa.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2011-12-05 -
   2011-12-11 - W3C Blog (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: a number of HTML related items in there

   Fresh editor's drafts
   [69]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0085.htm
   l

     [69] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0085.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Re: Is the W3C version of the spec branched or
   stuck at Nov 04, was: Revert request for r6783 from Sam Ruby on
   2011-12-13 (public-html@w3.org from December 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

   mjs: WG members have noted that editor's drafts weren't updating
   ... they are now relatively freshly updated
   ... canvas spec is at 12/9, html at 12/15

   HTML Speech XG
   [70]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0080.htm
   l

     [70] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0080.html

   <pimpbot> Title: HTML Speech XG Completes, seeks feedback for
   eventual standardization from Dan Burnett on 2011-12-12
   (public-html@w3.org from December 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

   mjs: Speech XG want input from the HTML WG on their work
   ... strongly encourage WG members to go over their work & provide
   feedback

Web and TV IG update

   Clarke: we intend to submit 2 proposals
   ... one is for network-level error message reporting
   ... will help provide better service
   ... the other proposal is for adaptive bitrate parameters, feedback,
   and error messages
   ... we discussed it in our meeting today
   ... expect to submit something by the end of the day

   <rubys>
   [71]http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#cha
   nge-proposal

     [71] http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#change-proposal

   <pimpbot> Title: HTML Working Group Decision Policy (at dev.w3.org)

   Clarke: do our proposals need to be in a particular format?

   mjs: for discussion in the group, any format is fine

   <paulc> Can I suggest that the proposals indicate exactly what bugs
   they are speaking to.

   mjs: if you want it to be a change proposal, should conform to the
   decision policy's description of what goes in CPs

   paulc: do your wiki pages & proposals indicate precisely which bugs
   you're responding to?

   Clarke: not currently

   paulc: that would be really helpful for the WG
   ... re: format, earlier is better, so don't spend too much time
   wordsmithing
   ... does this tell the WG what changes we want to make and why

   rubys: if you cover the what & why, you're 90% of the way to a CP

Other Other Business

   <Laura> What is the Chairs' plan to move on ISSUE-30 longdesc? Is
   there a timeline?

   <Laura> Paul had previously mentioned that the Chairs had estimated
   that they would be finished reviewing proposals on Dec 11.

   <Laura>
   [72]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Nov/022
   7.html

     [72] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Nov/0227.html

   <pimpbot> Title: RE: [text] HTML-A11Y Text, TUES 29 NOV, 2011, 17:00
   Z, (1PM Eastern), 60 min from Paul Cotton on 2011-11-29
   (public-html-a11y@w3.org from November 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

   mjs: we've reviewed one of the change proposals
   ... review of jonas' proposal is almost ready to go
   ... we hope the final review will be out before the holiday break

Scribe for next meeting

   mjs: any volunteers? meeting will be on 12/22

Adjournment
Received on Thursday, 15 December 2011 18:49:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC