W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2010

{minutes} } HTML WG telecon 2010-08-26, action items, state of various issues

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:37:22 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <E3EACD022300B94D88613639CF4E25F808820C72@TK5EX14MBXC138.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
The minutes for the Aug 26 HTML WG Weekly teleconference can be found at (and below):

http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html



[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
26 Aug 2010
Attendees
Present
Regrets
Chair
Scribe
paulc,
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   1. ACTION items due by Thursday, Aug 19<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
     *   New Issues This Week:<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
     *   . Items Closed Last Week<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
     *   Items Closing This week<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item04>
     *   Items Closing Next week<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item05>
     *   ISSUE-30 longdesc - Status of Formal Objection<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item06>
     *   New Calls for Proposals<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item07>
     *   Status of Bug 10066 for ISSUE-085:<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item08>
     *   ISSUE-9 requirements document status<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item09>
     *   ISSUE-116 discussion - would an index document work?<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item10>
     *   ISSUE-41 status<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item11>
     *   Other business<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item12>
     *   Scribe for next meeting<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item13>
     *   Adjournment<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#item14>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/26-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 26 August 2010

<rubys> If Maciej doesn't show up shortly, I'll chair and PaulC will scribe

<MikeSmith> scribe: paulc

<scribe> scribe:

<MikeSmith> scribe: paulc

<scribe> scribe: paulc
1. ACTION items due by Thursday, Aug 19

ACTION-185?

<trackbot> ACTION-185 -- Michael(tm) Smith to ... for the things in html4 and html5, send a mail to the link relations email list to update these and point to the latest html5 doc -- due 2010-09-02 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/185

Mike S changed due date to next week.

Mike S expects to do this today.

ACTION-186

<Julian> on ACTION-186: see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Aug/0330.html

ACTION-186?

<trackbot> ACTION-186 -- Julian Reschke to investigate status of bugs on link relations -- due 2010-08-26 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/186

Close ACTION-186

<trackbot> ACTION-186 Investigate status of bugs on link relations closed

How do we update ISSUE-27?

If Mike S is going to test the link registry by next week, we could make ISSUE-27 dependent on ACTION-185
New Issues This Week:

ISSUE-117?

<trackbot> ISSUE-117 -- Deprecate the noscript element -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/117

There is a call for proposals out with a 30 day deadline.

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Aug/0299.html
. Items Closed Last Week

Issue-109

ISSUE-109?

<trackbot> ISSUE-109 -- change ARIA section title and add extra text about use of ARIA -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/109

Poll closed - waiting for chairs action.
Items Closing This week

None
Items Closing Next week

Issue-110?

<trackbot> ISSUE-110 -- Change Control for text/html-sandboxed media type -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/110

Counter proposals for Issue-110 closes next week.
ISSUE-30 longdesc - Status of Formal Objection

<rubys> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/formal-objection-status.html

<scribe> Chair: Formal objections are listed on the above page.
New Calls for Proposals

ISSUE-117?

<trackbot> ISSUE-117 -- Deprecate the noscript element -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/117

<scribe> Chair: Call for proposals is due Sep 27.
Status of Bug 10066 for ISSUE-085:

<scribe> Chair: Maciej created a flurry of related bugs last night.

<scribe> Chair: Maciej has 3 items pending information from other people.

<plh> "No bugs yet on details, output, table, td or tr, because I'm not entirely clear

<plh> on the explanations for those (queries sent)."

<scribe> Chair: New bugs are listed in Bug 10066


ISSUE-9 requirements document status

<rubys> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10066

<Laura> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements

Janina: Requirements document has been published. See above link.

<janina> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements

Janina: A11Y TF hopes to discuss this with the WG and continues to work on the Requirements.
... TF wants to add some demos to the document

<plh> janina, please get in touch with me for the right place

Janina: Next milestone is on Mon to be discuss by the Media-SG next Wed.

plh: I can help with the location for the media eamples.
... Just give me material and I will get it published. We have already done this for HTML5 Testing TF.
... do you ahve permission to publish?

Janina: yes
ISSUE-116 discussion - would an index document work?

Issue-116?

<trackbot> ISSUE-116 -- provide reference and info about HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives in html5 spec -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/116

<scribe> Chair: Sam put out a proposal and most people would be satisfied with issue markers.

<scribe> Chair: Some are interested in an index document but it does not seem mandatory to solve this issue.
ISSUE-41 status

ISSUE-41?

<trackbot> ISSUE-41 -- Decentralized extensibility -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/41

<scribe> Chair: Probably at the front of the queue for survey.

Paulc: The Chairs want to check the remaining change proposals before doing a survey eg. completness of rationale, etc.
Other business

None.
Scribe for next meeting

<plh> likely regrets for next week

PaulC volunteers to scribe if Maciej is chairing.
Adjournment

Adjourned at 12:26pm ET

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.135 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2010/08/26 16:27:36 $
________________________________



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada

17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3

Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329









image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Friday, 27 August 2010 13:38:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:40 UTC