W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2010

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-15

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:26:30 +0000
To: "'public-html-wg-announce@w3.org'" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <E3EACD022300B94D88613639CF4E25F8084BCC8C@TK5EX14MBXC132.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
The minutes of the Jul 15 HTML Weekly teleconference are available below and at:

http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-minutes.html



/paulc



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada

17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3

Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329



[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
15 Jul 2010

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-irc>

Attendees
Present
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
paulc
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   ACTION items<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
     *   New issues this week<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
     *   Working Group decisions<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
     *   Issues needing revised proposals<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item04>
     *   Issues ready for survey processing<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item05>
     *   Other business<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item06>
     *   Scribe for next meeting.<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item07>
     *   Adjournment<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item08>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 15 July 2010

<scribe> scribe: paulc

<plh> scribeNick: paulc

<plh> RRSAgent and scribe[Nick]<http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent#formatMinutes>

<pimpbot> Title: RRSAgent IRC Bot Description (at www.w3.org)
ACTION items

ACTION-29?

<trackbot> ACTION-29 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring -- due 2010-07-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-29 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

plh: The PSIG is still waiting on feedback on the license. Not sure when this will time out.
... Getting feedback is a blocker. No timeline for PSIG action.

ACTION-29 due in 1 month

<trackbot> ACTION-29 Follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring due date now in 1 month

plh: If anything happends before this plh will report it right away.

ACITON-183?

<rubys> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10173

ACTION-183?

<trackbot> ACTION-183 -- Kris Krueger to and Testint TF to open bug on default mode when embedding SVG in HTML -- due 2010-07-15 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/183

<pimpbot> 1110173: krisk@microsoft.com, P2, NEW, 13Foreign Content

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-183 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

This was completed by filing bug 10173.

<pimpbot> 11http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10173 krisk@microsoft.com, P2, NEW, 13Foreign Content

I just muted myself to cut the noise.

<rubys> close action-183

<trackbot> ACTION-183 And Testint TF to open bug on default mode when embedding SVG in HTML closed
New issues this week

None.
Working Group decisions

Issues 30, 88, 95, 96 and 97 surveys have closed and are pending.

plh: What is the timeline for getting these done?

issue-30?

<trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-30 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-88?

<trackbot> ISSUE-88 -- Should meta/@content allow a list of languages instead of just a single language? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/88

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-88 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Issue-95?

<trackbot> ISSUE-95 -- Remove/Discard the Hidden Attribute -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/95

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-95 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-96?

<trackbot> ISSUE-96 -- Remove/Discard the Progress Element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/96

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-96 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-97?

<trackbot> ISSUE-97 -- Remove/Discard the Meter Element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/97

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-97 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

pbc: We expect at least two of 95, 96 and 97 to be ready for next week.
Issues needing revised proposals

Issue-31 and Issue-80: awaitng revised proposal.

Issue-56 has a revised proposal and it is being discussed.

Issue-85 may be obsolete in lieu of bug 10066.

<pimpbot> 11http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10066 faulkner.steve@gmail.com, P2, NEW, 13replace section 3.2.6 with the alternative spec text provided

Still awaiting a revised proposal on Issue-100.

The revised proposals are all due today.

pbc: What are we going to do if the revisions are not made available?

rubys: We will probably be forced to process the proposals we do have.
Issues ready for survey processing

Issue-4?

<trackbot> ISSUE-4 -- HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/4

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-4 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Issue-84?

<trackbot> ISSUE-84 -- Should spec discourage use of "legacy" doctypes? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/84

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-84 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Issue-101?

<trackbot> ISSUE-101 -- Spec reference for US-ASCII -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/101

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-101 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Issue-103?

<trackbot> ISSUE-103 -- XML escaping in iframe/@srcdoc -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/103

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-103 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

The issue of authoring conformance is being discussed on the public-html list. More input would be good.

<pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 10083] Remove references to Microdata from within the document" (2 messages in thread) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0312.html>

pbc: Issue-100 is awaiting a revised proposal and should be processed before Issue-103 since the items are related. See last week's discussion.

on mute again.
Other business

plh: wanted to report on Testing TF
... very encouraging progress - 30 more tests approved

<pimpbot> Title: Re: ACTION-182 and Issue-27 from Julian Reschke on 2010-07-14 (public-html@w3.org from July 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

plh: TF has more than 800+ canvas tests in the pipeline.
... KrisK is working on a test harness.
... Both MSFT and Opera have offered to submit test results BEFORE CR.
... W3C plans to aggregate and publish these "early" results.
... within one month or so there will be publishable test results.
... There is one canvas test that was failing on many implementations and the TF agreed that several implementation will have to change since the test matched the spec.

pbc: Is that a challenge for other to get involved?

plh: it would be good for other implementors to send in results?
... Plan is to submit results for the "approved" tests only and to increase the number of "approved" tests.

pbc on mute again.
Scribe for next meeting.

Paul volunteers to scribe for Maciej who will be in the Chair.

I defer to Adrian.

Adrian will scribe next week.
Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 12:30pm ET.

<Laura> bye

rssagent, generate minutes

rssagent, create the minutes

rssagent, create minutes

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.135 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2010/07/15 16:22:35 $
________________________________





-----Original Message-----
From: public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Sam Ruby
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 11:59 AM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-15: note new dial-in numbers for Paris and London



*NOTE* New dial-in numbers for Paris and London



The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on

2010-07-15 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.



    http://timeanddate.com/s/1s3b



Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New

Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.



Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby

Scribe: Paul Cotton



(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)



== Agenda ==



1. ACTION items due by Thursday, July 15

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda



a) ACTION-29 on Philippe Le Hégaret: Follow up on the idea of a

free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring

b) ACTION-183 on Kris Krueger: And Testint TF to open bug on default

mode when embedding SVG in HTML



2. New Issues This Week:

None.



3. Working Group decisions

Note: The Chairs are working on decision on the following issues which

were subject to WG surveys.



a) ISSUE-30: longdesc (survey closed Jun 30)

b) ISSUE-88: content-language-multiple (survey closed Jun 30)

c) ISSUE-95 hidden (survey closed May 19)

d) ISSUE-96 progress (survey closed May 19)

e) ISSUE-97 meter (survey closed May 19)



4. Issues needing revised proposals

Final call on revised proposals for the following issues.



a) Issue-31 missing-alt (Ian Hickson)

b) Issue-56 urls-webarch (Adam Barth)

c) Issue-80 title-alternative (Ian Hickson)

d) Issue-85 anchor-roles (see note below)

e) Issue-100 srcdoc (Tab Atkins Jr.)



Note: the chairs are requesting expedited processing of bug 10066, as

this may either obviate or subsume issue 85:



http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10066



5. Issues ready for survey processing



a) Issue-4 html-versioning

b) Issue-84 legacy-doctypes

c) Issue-101 us-ascii-ref

d) Issue-103 srcdoc-xml-escaping



A common thread of issue-4 and issue-84 as well as issue-30 and issue-88

is the difficulty of coming to consensus on author conformance

requirements.  This is being discussed on public-html.



Issues 101 and 103 remain ready, but the chairs have not acted on

either, but likely will shortly.



6. Other Business



7. Scribe for next meeting



Volunteers?



8. Adjournment



== Dial-in and IRC Details ==



Zakim teleconference bridge

+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.26.46.79.03, +44.203.318.0479

code: HTML (4865)



Supplementary IRC chat (logged)

#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80







image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Thursday, 15 July 2010 16:27:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:40 UTC