See also: IRC log (http://www.w3.org/2010/05/27-html-wg-irc)

Chair
  rubys
Scribe
  adrianba

Topics

ACTION items due by Thu May 27
Recent Issues activity
Items that close this week (by Fri May 28)
New Issues This Week
WG Decision Policy update
Discuss Survey results
Heartbeat Working Drafts & First Public Working Drafts
Upcoming deadlines
Task Force Reports
Other Business
Scribe for next meeting
Adjournment

<trackbot> Date: 27 May 2010

<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 from Sam Ruby on 2010-05-26 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from April to June 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

ACTION items due by Thu May 27
action-29?

<trackbot> ACTION-29 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring -- due 2010-05-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-29 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

action-178?

<trackbot> ACTION-178 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to contact the various chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use of the text/html mime type -- due 2010-05-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/178

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-178 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

action-179?

<trackbot> ACTION-179 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to set automatic copy of HG to www.w3.org -- due 2010-05-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/179

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-179 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: plh doesn't seem to be here

Recent Issues activity
ISSUE-89?

<trackbot> ISSUE-89 -- Remove Section 4.12 Common Idioms without dedicated Elements -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/89

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-89 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-92?

<trackbot> ISSUE-92 -- Re-write the Table section to remove extraneous material, and provide cleaner description -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/92

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-92 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: we have counter proposals

ISSUE-103?

<trackbot> ISSUE-103 -- XML escaping in iframe/@srcdoc -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/103

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-103 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-107?

<trackbot> ISSUE-107 -- Politics in fallback example for plugin usage -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/107

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-107 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: will actually issue a call for consensus - no counter proposals

ISSUE-86?

<trackbot> ISSUE-86 -- HTML5 relaxes Atom requirement on atom:id stability -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/86

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-86 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: we will put a note out that we have consensus to remove this feature

Items that close this week (by Fri May 28)
ISSUE-9?

<trackbot> ISSUE-9 -- how accessibility works for <video> is unclear -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-9 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: discussed at the TF

<janina> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements

<pimpbot> Title: Media Accessibility Requirements - HTML accessibility task force Wiki (at www.w3.org)

janina: document is substantially finished
... still vetting for completeness in case of missing or mistaken content
... will be a little language tweaking
... in addition we're ready to move to the next step: gap analysis of candidate suggestions
... little too soon to know how long this will take
... my sense is we should know that after the gap analysis
... HCG group interested in this
... will spend their next call looking at this

ISSUE-109?

<trackbot> ISSUE-109 -- change ARIA section title and add extra text about use of ARIA -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/109

<Julian> change proposal for ISSUE-109: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ariasection (see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010May/0390.html)

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-109 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<pimpbot> Title: ChangeProposals/ariasection - HTML WG Wiki (at www.w3.org)

rubys: now have a change proposal
... ISSUE-111 through 115 no change proposals for these

ISSUE-111?

<trackbot> ISSUE-111 -- What does input.@required mean for @type = checkbox? -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/111

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-111 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-112?

<trackbot> ISSUE-112 -- negative keywords-not meta tags -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/112

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-112 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-113?

<trackbot> ISSUE-113 -- add a preventable forced-fragment method -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/113

ISSUE-114?

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-113 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-115?

<trackbot> ISSUE-114 -- link tag: rel: associate pages about the same organization across many sites for searches without a canonical page and despite a confusingly indistinct name -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/114

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-114 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<trackbot> ISSUE-115 -- link tag: rel: associate pages about the same person across many sites for searches without a canonical page and despite a confusingly indistinct name -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/115

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-115 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

New Issues This Week
rubys: none

WG Decision Policy update
rubys: maciej is away at the moment

Discuss Survey results
rubys: ready to post decisions today on the first 3

ISSUE-66?

<trackbot> ISSUE-66 -- image analysis heuristics -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/66

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-66 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-90?

<trackbot> ISSUE-90 -- Tighten the focus and allowable content in the figure element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/90

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-90 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-91?

<trackbot> ISSUE-91 -- Re-focus and tighten definition of the aside element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/91

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-91 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: will try to get to the next few in the next few days

Heartbeat Working Drafts & First Public Working Drafts
rubys: i have seen no objections to publishing any of these
... have seen posts of support
... will therefore be proceeding

Upcoming deadlines
rubys: already talked about iSSUE-9 and ISSUE-111 through 115

Task Force Reports
rubys: A11Y - anything else to say beyond ISSUE-9

janina: no

rubys: Testing Task Force

<krisk> Meet last week as planned - agenda/irc log at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2010May/0022.html

<pimpbot> Title: RE: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 5/18/2010 from Kris Krueger on 2010-05-27 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from May 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

krisk: met last week as planned

<krisk> The list has had the most traffic ever for a month (23 posts)

krisk: most posts ever to the mailing list this month
... plh uploaded some video files
... into the repository

<krisk> We have created a sample video test case using these videos http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/raw-file/tip/tests/submission/Microsoft/video/video.htm

<pimpbot> Title: HTMLVideoElement (at dvcs.w3.org)

krisk: now creating video tests
... meeting again next week

rubys: janina, about canvas

janina: good news and bad news: bad news is deadline will slip
... good news is everyone is participating in the discussion
... we didn't have engineering feedback from apple but we had this late last week
... the group is working to bring things into sync
... but this is going to take a few more weeks

rubys: let's discuss this in 2 weeks from now

janina: yes, then we should have an idea of how long it will take if it is not done

Other Business
rubys: any takers?

Scribe for next meeting
rubys: any volunteers?